If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
Throughout this Statement, the meaning of the term “personal data” is defined in the Ordinance.
Data Collection and Use
We may collect your personal data including but not limited to name, telephone number, address and email address in order to provide you the various services and features. You are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and features may not be available.
The purposes for which we may use your personal data are as follows:-
- following up on comments, inquiries and complaints that users submit to the Websites;
- following up and processing your applications, registrations or subscriptions;
- monitoring use of the Websites to help their further development;
- understanding users’ needs so as to provide better services;
- compiling aggregate statistics about users to analyze usage of the Websites;
- contacting users regarding administrative notices and communication;
- collecting data for identity verification and record and maintaining contact lists for correspondence;
- designing, providing and marketing to users facilities, services and/or products of Hong Kong Ferry Group;
- promoting, improving and/or further the provision facilities, services and/or products of Hong Kong Ferry Group;
- delivering information that users may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials;
- recruitment and other human resources related purposes;
- communicating with investors and/or potential investors of Hong Kong Ferry Group and/or any of its subsidiaries;
- complying with any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are reasonably expected to comply; and
- any other purpose(s) which has been agreed by or notified to you.
If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
When you use the Websites, cookies will be stored in your computer. The purpose of using cookies is for internal navigation/ programming only. We will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance. You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain functionality may not be available.
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but for any one or more purpose(s) named in paragraph 2 above, we may transfer/assign your personal data to or exchange such data with any of the following parties irrespective of whether such parties are located inside or outside Hong Kong:-
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us with respect to the operation of our business;
- any subsidiaries, associated and/or related companies of Hong Kong Ferry Group; or
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are reasonably expected to comply.
Unless expressly stated in this statement or with prior consent, personal data collected from you will not be disclosed to any third party other than the above-named parties.
Links to Other Websites
When a user visits the home page of the Websites, the visit will be counted and included in the total number of visits to the Websites for statistical purpose. This information does not identify you as an individual. No personal data will be collected.
Except as mentioned in paragraph 3 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do and under a duty of confidentiality to us. Such authorized personnel or contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this Statement.
Use of Personal Data in Legal Proceedings
If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and take legal action against you.
Your Right to Access and Retention
You may at any time request access to and correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address below marking your communication “Confidential”. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. We are required to respond to your requests within 40 days and we will endeavor to do so wherever possible, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
Personal Data Privacy Officer
The person to whom (1) requests (a) for access to data or correction of data; (b) for general information regarding our policies and practices with respect to personal data; and (c) about the kinds of personal data that we hold and (2) general questions and complaints should be addressed is as follows:-
Hong Kong Ferry (Holdings) Company Limited
Address: 98 Tam Kon Shan Road, TYTL 102, Ngau Kok Wan, North Tsing Yi, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Retention of Data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations. Personal data which no longer required will be destroyed.